Recipe Index

Thursday, July 31, 2014

My M & M Cookies

My own creation!  We had M & M's from all the holidays that needed to be used up so I made these cookies, sans a recipe.  I guess all of this baking is really teaching me something!  

Cream 1 stick soft butter in a stand mixer with 1/2 C packed brown sugar and 1/4 C granulated sugar for 2 minutes.  Add 1 egg and 1 t vanilla.  Mix well, scraping down the sides when needed. Add 1/4 t baking soda, 1 t baking powder, 1/2 t salt and 1 1/2 C flour (can use whole wheat or all purpose).  Stir to combine.  Stir in 1/2 C-1C M & M's depending on your preference.  Save 2-3 M & M's per cookie to press into the tops before baking.  Bake at 350 degrees for 9 minutes on greased cookie sheets.  Cool in pans for 5 minutes then cool completely on cooling racks.  Makes about 2 dozen cookies.   
 Chewy, crunchy and slightly sweet these will be your new favorite cookies :)

No comments:

Post a Comment