Recipe Index

Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Rosemary, Thyme & Cream Cheese Buttermilk Bread

This savory bread is wonderful served alongside tomato soup, as a turkey sandwich, or just warm with butter slathered on it.  I used 1 1/4 C whole wheat flour and 1 C all purpose flour to give it that nutty, earthy flavor.  I used extra virgin olive oil since I did not have rosemary olive oil but I imagine it would be off the charts with the rosemary olive oil.  I topped my bread with dried rosemary and thyme but next time I will surely brush the top with more oil and a sprinkle of salt to give it that extra oomph.  Mine also baked a little less than the 40 minutes suggested on the blog.  This bread would be perfect during the colder months with a big bowl of chili.  Yum :)


     

No comments:

Post a Comment