Recipe Index

Friday, July 18, 2014

Cake Fridays

I am stretching here but I am still without an oven!  Hopefully it will be up and running soon.  So I had to come up with a creative way to make Cake Fridays happen... 
and this is it: pancakes!  These pancakes only require 3 ingredients.  3 ingredients!  I had my suspicions but they turned out great.  All you need for this breakfast treat, I mean "cake" is 1 egg, 1 T peanut butter, and 1 banana.  Mash them all together and voila, you get the healthiest pancake batter yet.  Butter a warm skillet and ladle your batter into the pan.  I got 5 good sized cakes and 1 mini cake, which the kids loved.  When flipping these be ever so careful because they are delicate and will fall apart on you.       
Pour some syrup over these babies and you've got yourself a delicious treat.  This is perfect for one adult sized portion but I was able to stretch it to 2 kid sized portions. 
 
Look at that piece, just hanging out in the shadows of the early morning sun peeking through our kitchen window, dripping with sweet maple syrup.  Not the kind of cake you would expect from me but based on the name it is one, right?!  Enjoy your pan"cakes."  
Source: oh joy

No comments:

Post a Comment