Recipe Index

Thursday, July 24, 2014

Apple Bread

 
This bread reminds me of my apple cinnamon oatmeal bread.  It contains less sugar though and is healthier overall.  I like how this recipe yields 2 loaves because if your family is anything like mine, we devour quick breads in a matter of seconds.      
I made a plain loaf and a topped loaf so we could compare the two.  I simply halved the topping recipe and came up with this:

1 T butter, melted
2 T sugar (I cut back on the sugar)
1/2 t cinnamon
1/8 t nutmeg
2 T quick oats (I did not have toasted oat bran)
 And the winner is...
The oat topped loaf!  The buttery, crunchy crumble really elevated this nutritious bread.  It is a must!  Slather with butter and two slices of this bread will put an instant smile on your face :)

FYI: My loaves baked in 35 minutes, not 50-60 minutes like the blog states.  

No comments:

Post a Comment