Recipe Index

Thursday, July 3, 2014

Blueberry Buttermilk Muffins

I was going to publish this post next Monday since quick oats are involved, but after devouring 2 of these muffins after dinner, I had to share the recipe with everyone!

These are simple, moist, healthy, and filling.  You just feel good after eating them.  Plain, slathered with butter, jelly, peanut butter, honey, served cold, hot, room temperature, frozen (you get the picture!)...they are outstanding.  Her blog is outstanding too.  It won be over after I baked her chocolate gingersnaps and condensed milk cookies.  Both equally delicious and super creative.    

FYI: I added 1/2 C sugar and no brown sugar.  I substituted 2 flax eggs for 2 regular eggs by mixing 2 T flaxseed meal with 6 T water in a bowl and letting it sit for 2 minutes.  To bulk up the nutritional value, I added 1 C whole wheat flour and 1 C all purpose flour.  I lastly added 3/4 C or 6 oz frozen blueberries because that's what I had on hand.  Next time I might add 1 t nutmeg to the mixture since nutmeg and blueberries compliment each other so well.  My batch of muffins equaled 15 and they baked for 20 minutes.  

The frozen blueberries turn the batter purple so beware :)



After baking, the muffins only have a purple tint to them.

The tops get a beautiful tan while sun bathing in the oven. 

These muffins are very photogenic!  I couldn't stop snapping shots!

No comments:

Post a Comment