Recipe Index

Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Cottage Cheese Snack

 
My kids love blueberries and they are super sweet right now.  Pick some up at the food store and see for yourself.  I prefer the mini ones but my kids like to pop the bigger ones into their mouths and chomp down.  They laugh, they squeal, while blueberries are launched into the air.  There is always a game in play at the kitchen table.  Why kids just don't eat when they sit down for a meal is beyond me.  Oh well, kids will be kids I guess :)   




This healthy, tasty snack comes together in a snap but I can't guarantee your kids will eat it.  Will they play with it like the above pictures and let the blueberries slide off the spoon and plop into the sea of cottage cheese thinned out by the honey and dirtied by the cinnamon?  Yes they will, but hopefully as they are playing, they will sneak some bites into their mouths and maybe, just maybe lick their bowls clean like my kids did.  I'd say this was a successful, albeit loud snacking experience.  Game on!     

Cottage Cheese Snack

1/2 C cottage cheese
1 t honey
1/2 C fresh blueberries, divided
1/4 t cinnamon, divided
1/4 C chopped nuts (optional), divided 

Mix the cottage cheese with the honey.  Divide between 2 bowls.  Add the blueberries, cinnamon, and nuts, if using to each bowl.  Enjoy with a spoon.  Makes 2 kid sized servings. 

No comments:

Post a Comment