Recipe Index

Friday, August 1, 2014

Cake Fridays

 My Dad's Chocolate Cake

1 box sugar free devil's food cake mix
4 oz instant sugar free chocolate pudding
2 eggs
1 3/4 C milk
12 oz chocolate chips

Mix cake mix, milk, and eggs.  Add pudding mix and stir for 2 minutes.  Stir in chips.  Pour into greased bundt pan and bake at 350 degrees for 55 minutes.  Cool for 30 minutes to an hour in pan and then invert onto cooling rack to cool completely.  Can be made 2 days before serving.       

When I made this cake, I used 1.4 oz pudding because I picked up the wrong size at the food store!  It was absolutely delicious but next time, I might try it with the full amount of chocolate pudding.  My cake baked for 45 minutes, and I used a little less chocolate chips.  With this bundt cake, you don't need frosting because it presents itself so well but if you feel so inclined, you could add a dusting of powdered sugar or a chocolate glaze. 
This dessert will have chocaholics raving at your next party!
Source: Chatham County Cooks

No comments:

Post a Comment