Recipe Index

Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Oatmeal Mondays...2 days late


Due to a recent vacation, I am behind on my blog writing.  So I am posting Oatmeal Mondays today!

Here is a yummy oat based snack I made for the kids today.  It has heart healthy fats, is chock full of nutrients, and is a breeze to whip up.  I love the name "granola coins" and so do the kids.  They really look like coins too!  Too big for their piggie banks but just right to carry in their hands.   

I wasn't sure if these would hold together since there is only one egg in the mixture, along with some maple syrup and oil but after baking in the oven, they did!  Beautifully dotted with cranberry jewels, hearty almond chunks, and teeny sesame seeds, these treats are a photographer foodie's dream.  

FYI: I substituted almonds for pumpkin seeds.  Mine baked for 15 minutes in the oven to achieve that golden color.     

No comments:

Post a Comment