Recipe Index

Saturday, August 2, 2014

Peanut Butter Weekend

Do you ever read The Costco Connection magazine?  It has awesome recipes in it!  I always find 2 or 3 that I want to make immediately.  And, they are usually kid friendly.  Bonus!  My family loves these bites as we call them because I refrigerate them in a mini muffin tin.  You've got to make these today!     

Power Bites
Source: The Costco Connection

1 C uncooked oats
3/4 C creamy peanut butter
1/4 C honey
1/2 C shredded coconut
1/4 C flaxseed
1/4 C chia seeds
1/4 C dark chocolate chips (optional)

Combine all ingredients in a big bowl and mix.  Let the kids do it!  Can be sprinkled over Greek yogurt or fruit or eaten alone.

FYI: I subbed maple syrup for honey and used ground flaxseed.  I did add the optional semi sweet chocolate chips and the kids went crazy for them.  To make them into bites, use a tablespoon sized ice cream scooper and drop balls of the mixture into individual mini muffin cups.  Press down slightly and refrigerate for 30 minutes to an hour or until they are set.  They pop right out and into your mouth :)  Store in an airtight container in the fridge.    



No comments:

Post a Comment