Recipe Index

Saturday, September 14, 2013

Weekend Biscuits


This is a super simple recipe that I'm almost embarrassed to post.  It only has two ingredients!  Plus any spices or mix-ins you might want to add.  I tend to shy away from roll biscuits because they make a mess on the counter, on your hands, and require a lot of butter or shortening in most cases. When my husband makes them they are delicious though.  I'll have to work on getting my hands dirty I guess!

So these biscuits require two cups Bisquick Baking Mix (I use Heart Smart) and one cup fat free sour cream.  Mix to combine and use a medium ice creamer scooper to drop them on a cookie sheet with nonstick spray.  Bake at 425 degrees for 8 minutes.  Remove promptly and let cool completely before storing in an airtight container.   

That's it!  But that's what I love about these biscuits.  Yet again another blank canvas to decorate.  I sometimes sprinkle curry powder on the tops right before I bake them, or add garlic powder and shredded cheddar cheese to the mix if we'll be having them alongside dinner.  As far as breakfast goes, you could make them sweet by adding cinnamon, shredded coconut or pumpkin pie spice to the mix.  Or slather the warm biscuits with butter and pumpkin butter.  That's a favorite of mine when pumpkin butter makes it debut at Trader Joes.  Fix them to your liking.  These are cheap, easy, and perfect for the lazy baker on a lazy weekend :)

Perfect
Imperfect

No comments:

Post a Comment