Recipe Index

Sunday, September 22, 2013

Baked Pancakes?

If you're like me, you'd rather whip up breakfast and pop it in the oven instead of stand over a hot stove flipping pancakes.  That's what appealed to me most about this recipe.  You're getting pancakes for breakfast without the hassle of flipping flapjacks in a skillet.  For some, making pancakes is an experience and a fun weekend treat for the family and I get that, but for others with sub par flipping skills, we'd prefer this method. 

They are called pancake squares and they are delicious!  I wasn't sure what to expect because they seem so simple and they're baked in an 8x8 Pyrex.  But they actually taste like griddle cakes!  Dress them up with some blueberries, butter and syrup and you've got a complete pancake breakfast.  You could even serve sausage or bacon on the side.  Sounds like a weekend plan to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment