Recipe Index

Tuesday, September 10, 2013

It's Our Anniversary...

so I made cupcakes.  Nothing says celebration like a plate of cupcakes.  These are pumpkin pecan cupcakes with a honeyed cream cheese cinnamon frosting.  I think Matt is going to love them!  It's a new recipe so I'll have to let you know how they taste (we're having them for dessert...have to be good role models when there are kids in the house).  I can't tell you how hard it was for me to not have one after lunch but I was able to restrain myself! 

I discovered the recipe on Pinterest (view site here).  I had to search through a variety of pumpkin cupcakes to find the right one.  I like sites that offer numerous recipes showcasing a star ingredient because it allows you to customize your dessert.  I also had one cup of pumpkin puree in the fridge.  Normally when that's the case, I would make pumpkin bread but I dared to be spontaneous.  Hopefully it will pay off!  More to come...


Here is the frosting recipe:

1/2 C whipped cream cheese
2 T honey
1/2 t cinnamon

Mix thoroughly and refrigerate in a closed container.

      

No comments:

Post a Comment