Recipe Index

Thursday, September 5, 2013

Granola with a Touch of Fall

We are obsessed with this granola.  I can't take all the credit for it though.  I discovered it on one of my favorite blogs, visions of sugarplum and have been making it ever since.  I think the star ingredient is the Oatmeal Squares.  I pick these out every time I dig my hand into the batch!  I love this granola because it's not bad for you; only 2 T of butter instead of tons of oil like most recipes because of the addition of pumpkin.  It makes your house smell beyond delicious when it's baking too.  I try to make it when I know company is coming over.  Just writing about it is causing my mouth to water.  Going to grab some right now :)

 
Maple Pumpkin Granola

2 T butter, melted
1/3 C brown sugar
1/3 C canned pumpkin
1/4 C maple syrup
1 t vanilla extract
1 t cinnamon

Mix in large bowl.  Add 2.5 C old fashioned oats, 1 C Oatmeal Squares cereal, and 1/3 C chopped nuts.  Stir so all ingredients are coated with pumpkin mixture. Dump out onto a greased cookie sheet and spread out to an even layer.  Bake for 43 minutes in a 300 degree oven.  Sprinkle 1/3 C dried fruit on the granola when the pan comes out of the oven.  Let cool completely and then break into pieces.  Store in an airtight container.

No comments:

Post a Comment