Recipe Index

Thursday, September 26, 2013

Apples, Apples Everywhere

I went to the Farmer's Market last Saturday and there were apples everywhere!  Samples galore of the crunchy, crispy fruit along with freshly pressed apple cider, which is one of my favorites.  My goal this Fall is to bake more with apple cider.  I have some breakfast and dessert recipes that include the spicy drink in their ingredient lists.  Can't wait to make one in particular... 

Growing up in New Jersey, we always went apple picking.  At the end of the hunt, there would be freshly fried apple cider donuts waiting for us at the farm.  I don't even know how many my parents purchased because we inhaled them in two seconds flat.  They were the best!  I still crave them every year when Fall rolls around.  Something about that sugary coating...

Have any readers out there tried making apple cider donuts?  Or want to share a favorite apple or apple cider inspired item?  Feel free to do so in the comments section.  Would love to gain some new recipes/ideas! 

I think I will explore the baked version of the beloved apple cider donut although it won't be the same, unless of course I purchase a fryer in the next few months. 

Hmm...there's a thought.  

No comments:

Post a Comment