Recipe Index

Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Playing with Food

After the long weekend, I wanted to make something fun for the kids.  They got a kick out of this! I usually don't play with their food much.  I always marvel at the moms who can turn a grilled cheese sandwich into a fire breathing dragon.  But this seemed easy enough so I gave it a shot.  You could also use plain toast with a sprinkling of cinnamon sugar but I had the chocolate milk bread and sweet butter spread on hand.  Hope your kids fill your kitchen with giggles and oohs and aahs like mine did this morning!      

My version of teddy bear toast: Slice of chocolate milk bread (substitute chocolate milk for buttermilk: see recipe here), 3 slices banana, 3 dried cranberries, sweet butter spread (blend 1 stick soft unsalted butter, 1/4 c. powdered sugar, 1/4 c. honey, 1 tsp. ground cinnamon), optional extra banana slices for garnish.  I doubled the recipe since I have two kids.  Easy way to get them to eat a full breakfast instead of just a banana (like my kids eat) every morning.



No comments:

Post a Comment