Recipe Index

Friday, September 6, 2013

Marshmallows + Rice Krispies = good, Marshmallows + Cheerios + Nutella = outstanding!

I got this idea on Pinterest (http://justjennrecipes.com/peanut-butter-cheerios-treats/2012/06/10/) and when you go to her site, the pictures alone make you want this treat immediately.  Such a unique idea using Cheerios instead of Rice Krispies (which luckily we always have in the house) to make what is essentially a Rice Krispie treat.  Being a peanut butter fan, I knew I had to try this recipe.  I love the contrast in colors; the caramel colored Cheerios and the rich, black color of the chocolate chips.  Not to mention the web of marshmallow holding the whole thing together.  And I'm not even a Rice Krispie treat fan!  I'll eat them but I never crave them...until now.  The crunchy cereal surrounded by the smooth marshmallow with just a hint of peanut butter and bittersweet chocolate made my day.  If you like peanut butter and chocolate together, you'll love these tasty treats.


But of course I had to put my spin on them.  So after I made her version, I decided to make a batch using Nutella instead of peanut butter.  Wow!  Love at first bite!  If I had peanut butter chips I would have adorned these chocolate treats with them but sadly, we finished them so next time that's what I'll do.  I would make either version again anytime and eat the whole batch anytime.  They are that good!  I hope you'll go to her site and try these delicious treats either with Nutella or peanut butter :)


No comments:

Post a Comment