Recipe Index

Friday, September 13, 2013

Chew Your Chocolate Milk

Chocolate milk: it's not just for drinking anymore!
My kids have been requesting chocolate milk a lot lately so I'll pick up a half gallon every now and then at the food store.  Fun snack for them, experimenting for me :)  I've been substituting chocolate milk in recipes that call for buttermilk or regular milk to add that extra chocolate kick.  The first experiment was with this buttermilk bread (see recipe here).  I also featured this bread in my Playing with Food post.  This is a quick, easy recipe that requires minimal ingredients and big rewards.  It is a mild bread that can be jazzed up with any mix-ins you can think of.  I want to try adding chocolate chips, blueberries, dried cranberries, or chopped almonds.  Or throw them all in together!  The possibilities are endless.  You could even make a chocolate milk glaze for this bread.  Think of it as a blank canvas to decorate.  Being a purist myself, I enjoy two slices with a big dollop of Greek yogurt on top.  It tastes like dessert but is much healthier than say a snickerdoodle or a blondie.  I encourage everyone to try this recipe.  It may become a staple in your home too!




No comments:

Post a Comment