Recipe Index

Friday, September 20, 2013

Cake Fridays

I've been looking forward to this post all week!  My light at the end of the tunnel :)  This week has been uneventful but busy.  A lot of cleaning and errand running but now it's Friday.  So it's all good.  For my first installment, I am going to feature a recipe I mentioned in one of my first posts (no, it's not the cornmeal cake but I will make that one of these Fridays).  It's a variation of the orange creamsicle cake I found on Pinterest (see recipe here).

I made the cake in cupcake form to celebrate a family gathering.  When my nieces are in town, I make cupcakes because that is one of their favorite things.  We had my grandmother, aunts, sister and her kids all at my parent's house so what screams celebration, CUPCAKES!  I didn't make a traditional frosting but instead topped them with a scoop of Cool Whip and these cute mini popsicles (see idea here).  When you click on the link, scroll down and you'll eventually find them.  On a side note, I love the mini pumpkin pie toppers.  I think I'll be using this website a lot during the holidays!

Here is the finished product (kind of an aerial view but you get the idea):


They were so refreshing and fun for the kids and adults alike!  A great summer treat that won't weigh you down.  So light in fact that we all had too many to count.

Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment