Recipe Index

Thursday, September 12, 2013

It's All Greek to Me

We eat A LOT of Greek yogurt.  When I stock up at Costco, the check out people sometimes comment, "Wow!  You really like Greek yogurt!"  So we have a good laugh and I go home with my six boxes of yogurt :)  But seriously, it is the best snack.  Super healthy and surprisingly mild as far as yogurts go.  Yogurt has come a long way.  I remember hating it growing up because it was so tangy and watery.  And then yogurts started to be labeled "thick and creamy" and "whipped."  The texture of those was fabulous but they were loaded with sugar.  So I was happy to find a product with less sugar that actually fills you up because it is so rich.  I make dips out of it, stir it into baked goods, use it in place of mayonnaise for savory salads and spreads, the list goes on and on. 

So today's post is more of a yogurt forum and asks the question: How do you like to eat your [Greek] yogurt?  Do you add peanut butter or Nutella to it or just mix in your favorite granola?  Post your comments below!              

No comments:

Post a Comment