Recipe Index

Sunday, November 17, 2013

Sunday Morning Donuts

 
Growing up, we always had big breakfasts on Sunday mornings, followed by glazed donuts from the food store.  My Dad would go grocery shopping while we were all still in bed, picking up eggs, canned biscuits, frozen potatoes, American cheese, and bacon.  My parents would whip up cheese and eggs, bake off the biscuits and potatoes, and pan fry the bacon.  What a way to wake-up!  And I always knew that after breakfast, there was a donut the size of my head waiting for me, enrobed in a sugary glaze.

I used the leftover batter from Cake Fridays gingerbread cupcakes to make donuts.  I just ladled the batter into my six donut pan and baked them for 9-11 minutes.  I wanted my kids to have a taste of Sunday morning donuts, just like I had growing up.  They were a huge hit and I plan on making donuts for as many Sundays as I have donut recipes for!


No comments:

Post a Comment