Recipe Index

Thursday, November 7, 2013

Blessings Mix

With Thanksgiving just three weeks away, I wanted to share this recipe for Blessings Mix.  I found it on Pinterest.  It is one of the most creative, sweet gift ideas I've come across in a long time.  I love how the six different components represent the Pilgrims' lives.  I will definitely be making this with my kids!

http://redcouchrecipes.blogspot.com/2010/11/blessings-mix.html

Blessings Mix

Bugles (2 cups) -- Bugles: Shaped like a cornucopia or Horn of Plenty, a symbol of our nation's abundance.

Pretzels (1 cup) -- Arms folded in prayer, a freedom sought by those who founded our country.

Candy Corn (1 cup) -- Sacrifices of the Pilgrims' first winter. Food was so scarce that settlers survived on just a few kernels of corn a day.

Sunflower Seeds (1 cup) -- Promise of a future harvest, one we will reap only if seeds are planted and tended with diligence.

Dried fruits (I used 1/2 cup dried cranberries) -- Harvest gifts of our bountiful land.

Fish Crackers (1 cup) -- A remembrance of the abundant sea life and the blessing it was to the Pilgrims.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment