Recipe Index

Friday, November 1, 2013

Cake Fridays


I hope everyone had a safe and fun Halloween!  Above is a chocolate candy graph completed by my husband.  We sure got a lot of Milky Ways, and this was just a fraction of the candy we collected!  I was bummed to learn we only got one Reese's peanut butter pumpkin and one 3 Musketeers snack size bar.  Boo :(   

Moving right along to...Cake Fridays!






This is our family's favorite chocolate cake recipe.  I halve it all the time and bake it in an 8x8 pan if it's just for the four of us.  But for parties and family get togethers, the full recipe is perfect to feed a crowd.  Sometimes I skip the frosting and sometimes I make it.  It's sweet so it all depends on what you're in the mood for.  This cake is light and fluffy.  It has a very rich, chocolatey taste and without the addition of eggs, it's vegan friendly.  Enjoy :)      

Sue's Chocolate Cake
Source: My mother in law's friend Sue

3 C flour
2 C sugar
¾ C oil (can use 6 T oil and 6 T applesauce)
1 t salt
2 t baking soda
1 t baking powder
2 t cider vinegar
6 T baking cocoa
2 C cold water
1 t vanilla extract

Frosting: 1/3 C butter, softened, 3 C powdered sugar, 1 ½ t vanilla extract
2 T milk (to thin out if necessary)

Combine all ingredients.  Pour into greased 13x9 pan and bake for 30 minutes at 350 degrees.  Frost cake when cooled. 

No comments:

Post a Comment