Recipe Index

Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Sometimes you just want something savory...

and these muffins are a great choice.  I made them for the first time with vegetable cream cheese and they were awesome!  They were not very dessert like, but they were perfect alongside many lunch and dinner entrees.  If you want more of a dessert muffin, stick to the original recipe.

I've seen many recipes lately with cream cheese included in the ingredient list.  Cookies, cakes, you name it.  Cream cheese definitely adds a tangy bite, breaking up the sugary flavor most baked goods possess.  I really like using cream cheese when I bake but make sure it's at room temperature or it can be a bear to work with.

My advice: make these muffins and if you're feeling very adventurous, use up some of that vegetable cream cheese in your fridge.  I bet honey cream cheese and/or scallion cream cheese would be great in these too.  They really are a deliciously moist, substantial muffin.


No comments:

Post a Comment