Recipe Index

Monday, June 29, 2015

Oatmeal Mondays

This is by no means a healthy oatmeal recipe for a Monday morning, but when I get an idea in my head, I have to follow through with it, especially when it's a delicious, over the top recipe like this one.

These are the biggest, chunkiest cookies I've ever made!  I heard about them over the weekend so I scoured the internet for the perfect version.  I don't bake with shortening and this was the only recipe I could find that called for butter only.

They are called buffalo chip cookies and are Texas sized (meaning they are bigger than your face).  They are chock full of oats (hence the oatmeal Mondays reference), M&M's, shredded coconut, chocolate chips and cornflakes.  Ridiculous!  I could barely stir the batter after all the mix-ins were added.  I chilled the dough over night so it could really firm up.  Then come morning, I was ready to rock and roll!

Only 6 of these cookie mounds fit on a baking sheet.  Be sure to rotate the pans halfway through baking like the recipe instructs to ensure even doneness.  I only baked one sheet at a time but feel free to do multiple batches at a time.  My cookies were golden brown after 15 minutes.  Once out of the oven, they firm up so let them sit for a bit before moving them to a wire rack to cool completely.

Believe me, these king sized cookies will bring a smile to anyone's face first for their sheer girth and second for their crunchy, crispy, chewy, chocolatey flavor.  For my first go around, I halved the recipe and baked off 18 gigantic cookies.  I have the rest of the dough in the fridge and am eager to bake these fresh throughout the week to share with friends and family :)

  

Here is the recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment