Recipe Index

Friday, June 5, 2015

Happy National Donut Day!


Cake Fridays will resume next Friday but for now, we have to honor National Donut Day!  


Like most kids, mine love donuts.  We splurge sometimes and go out for donuts but I like to make baked ones at home for obvious reasons.  It's healthier and I can control the ingredients going into each one.  My kids also love gingerbread flavored anything so when I found this recipe, I knew I had to make them.  The kids gobbled them up, got ridiculously messy in the process, and sported their chocolate covered teeth before being sent to the bathroom to clean up.  It made for a fun yet chaotic Friday morning :)  

FYI: Instead of melted butter, I used 1 1/2 T oil.  I made 6 regular sized donuts, instead of minis.  Mine baked for 9 minutes.  I did not add the glaze on the site but instead used a homemade fudge sauce to pour over top.    

Here is the recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment