Recipe Index

Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Heartiest Bread


This bread will keep you full for hours.  A recipe I found years ago, it was always in the back of my mind to bake someday.  I'm mad at myself for waiting so long to make it!  It is absolute heaven.  The butter, bananas and yogurt make it super moist, the chocolate adds a slight bitterness, and the cinnamon adds a hint of spice. The peanut butter chips bring it over the top by adding another layer of flavor, great texture, and mild sweetness.  Aside from its obvious beauty from the chocolate swirls, you have got to make this bread because the combination of flavors will blow your mind.            

FYI: I used 2/3 C sugar instead of a full cup.  I also used 2 C all-purpose flour total since I did not have whole wheat pastry flour on hand.  My loaf baked for 40 minutes uncovered, then I covered it with foil and baked it for an additional 10 minutes.

Here is the recipe.


No comments:

Post a Comment