Recipe Index

Monday, June 15, 2015

Oatmeal Mondays

Oatmeal chocolate peanut butter bars...need I say more?!  These were every bit decadent and rich as you would imagine a chocolate and peanut butter layer sitting atop a baked, buttery oatmeal base to be.  I was going for healthy with this recipe but it is not at all.  If anything it is one of the more self-indulgent desserts I've made as of late.  The topping makes these bars heavy so my one complaint would be that they crumbled and did not hold together like you'd want them to.  These were very delicious but don't eat too many.  A little goes a long way with these hybrid granola, Rice Krispie Treat bars!
 
FYI: Mine baked for 25 minutes.  I cut back on the sugar a bit (like I always do) but I would not recommend it with this recipe.  My bars could have definitely been sweeter.  I would also line the bottom of the pan with parchment for easy removal.  

Here is the recipe.    

No comments:

Post a Comment