Recipe Index

Tuesday, December 10, 2013

My Favorite Corn Muffins


I made these the other day and realized I never posted the recipe on my blog.  This recipe can be found on the back of the Kroger yellow corn meal canister!  I know, exciting and unique right?!  It is my favorite recipe for corn muffins and believe me, I have tried them all!   

3/4 C enriched corn meal
1 1/4 C all purpose flour
1/4 C sugar
2 t baking powder
1/2 t salt (optional)
1 C milk (I use water)
1 egg beaten
1/4 C vegetable oil or drippings (I use oil)

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.  Grease 8 or 9-inch round pan (I use a muffin tin).  Blend all dry ingredients.  Stir in remaining ingredients until dry ingredients are moist.  Pour batter into greased pan (or muffin tin) and bake 20 to 25 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean (for muffins, I bake 9 to 11 minutes).  Makes about 9 servings (or a dozen muffins).  For best flavor and texture serve warm. 

When reheating, slice muffins in half, add a pat of butter to each and microwave for 30 seconds or until butter melts...absolute heaven.   

No comments:

Post a Comment