Recipe Index

Sunday, December 22, 2013

If you like healthy donuts, you'll love...

butterscotch muffins.  I just got a flashback to the spray perfumes sold in the 90s.  If you like Lauren, you'll love Lindsay.  That's the one I got for Christmas one year!  I thought it was so cool to have my name on a perfume bottle but I don't remember it smelling very good. It's all in the marketing I guess :)

Back to baking...

The healthy loaf is a delightful recipe but I took the liberty of adding butterscotch chips to half the batter.  A quarter cup measure will do and you've got a completely different product.  Butterscotch chips and apple chunks are a delightful pairing, but it's the banana flavor that really sends these over the top.  Spoon the batter into a greased muffin tin and bake for 15-17 minutes.  Cool on wire racks but I'm warning you, the smell is so enticing that you may need to eat one piping hot.  I did and burned my finger.  Who knew butterscotch chips got so darn hot?!


Muffin tree for Christmas :)

  

No comments:

Post a Comment