Recipe Index

Thursday, December 12, 2013

2 ChristmasCrafts

Since Christmas is less than 2 weeks away, I wanted to share 2 Christmas crafts I recently completed.  Click on one or both pictures to be transported to their respective websites. 

The first is a candy cane place card holder.  This was pretty easy to do.  I bought a box of mini candy canes, plugged in my glue gun, and laid out a paper towel.  I unwrapped the mini candy canes and sorted them according to size since you need 3 of about equal height.  Then I glued the first two, making them open enough to hold a place card.  I added the third mini candy cane to the back with some extra glue so they could stand up on their own.  They dried quickly but do be careful not to drop these.  I had some casualties along the way.  You may want to make some extras just in case :)  I had some card stock in the art drawer so I cut it to size (about 2x3) and started writing.  Displaying food items never looked and smelled so delicious!      

http://www.industriousjustice.com/2011/12/how-candy-cane-place-card-holders.html

The second is a winter mason jar scene.  Finally another use for all those Matchbox cars scattered all over the house.  I used cotton balls for the snow and placed them on the bottom of the mason jar.  I rested a Lego tree on a plastic truck and inserted it into the jar.  I did not use twine or glue because I didn't want to do anything permanent to the truck.  My kids would kill me!  I might make some more using the examples on the website.  So adorable and festive :)  Brings me back to the annual Christmas tree cutting, strapping the tree to the top of the family mini van, only to watch it slide off onto the road.  This only happened once or twice and was so tragic at the time but now it makes me laugh hysterically!  My Dad was such a good sport :)


http://www.poppytalk.com/2012/12/weekend-project-winter-scene-mason-jars.html

No comments:

Post a Comment