Recipe Index

Friday, December 27, 2013

Cake Fridays


I am a sucker for real, homemade whipped cream.  I never make it (we're a Cool Whip family) so when my Mom whips it up, we eat it by the bucketful.  Paired with this rich, dense, fudgey cake, it's easily one of my favorite Christmas desserts.

Chocolately-Chocolate Cake
Source: My Mom

1 box dark chocolate cake mix
1-4 oz package instant chocolate pudding
1/2 C oil
1/2 C warm water
4 eggs
1 C sour cream
1 1/2 C mini chocolate chips (plus more for the top)

Combine all ingredients.  Fold in mini chocolate chips.  Bake at 350 degrees for 50-55 minutes in a greased and floured bundt pan.

Whipped cream: Whip heavy cream and powdered sugar (to your liking) until stiff peaks in stand mixer.  Slice cooled cake in half and frost between layers and on top.  Sprinkle top with extra mini chocolate chips.       


No comments:

Post a Comment