Recipe Index

Sunday, October 27, 2013

Pumpkin Bars!

 
My Mom makes pumpkin bars every year for Thanksgiving.  They are easily the most addictive and sought after dessert we have in our family recipe book.  Her pumpkin pie is another phenomenal dessert, which I'll be featuring a little later.  I think it's safe to say we take great pride in our pumpkin desserts.  Pumpkin bread, pumpkin butterscotch mini muffins, pumpkin chocolate chip cookies...my mouth is watering!  

I've been craving these delicious bars a lot lately so I thought I'd post the recipe early.  With all the pumpkin recipes floating around Pinterest, it seemed like a good idea.  I usually don't make any substitutions since we have these once a year but feel free to add in some applesauce to replace some of the oil.  The cream cheese icing is to die for and you'll find yourself licking it off the bar before you bite into it!  I can easily eat 5 of these in the span of 5 minutes so practice restraint or you may end up with a tummy ache.  It is so worth it though :)     

Pumpkin Bars with Cream Cheese Icing

1 can pumpkin (15 oz)
1 2/3 C sugar
2 C flour
1 t baking soda
2 t baking powder
2 tsp cinnamon
1 t salt
1 C vegetable oil
4 eggs
Icing: 3 oz cream cheese
2 C 10X sugar
6 T butter, softened
1 t vanilla extract

Beat eggs, sugar, oil and pumpkin in mixing bowl.  Mix dry ingredients in another bowl and add to mixture when blended.  Bake in ungreased 15x10 pan at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes.  Add icing when cooled and dust with extra cinnamon.

Yum! 

To go plate :)

No comments:

Post a Comment