Recipe Index

Sunday, October 6, 2013

Coco Cocoa Muffins

Funny name, huh?!

These are coconut chocolate muffins that I made recently and I had to share the recipe.  I add shredded coconut to many baked goods and even sprinkle it on my oatmeal in the morning.  It adds a richness and chewiness that I just love.  So when I saw this recipe on Pinterest, I knew I had to try it.

Coco Cocoa Muffins

Source: family feedbag

2 eggs
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1 cup milk
3/4 cup granulated white sugar
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
1/3 cup cocoa powder
2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup shredded sweetened coconut, plus another 1/4 cup for topping

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.  Add the eggs, oil, milk, sugar and vanilla to a large mixing bowl and beat until smooth. In a separate mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, nutmeg, salt and 1/2 cup of the shredded coconut. Gradually add the dry mixture to the wet mixture, beating well between additions. Pour the batter into a muffin pan lined with paper muffin cups to about 1/4 inch from the top of the paper. Sprinkle the remaining 1/4 cup of coconut on top. Bake for 20-22 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the center of one of the muffins comes out clean.


This recipe is quick, easy, and I'm sure you have all the ingredients in your pantry right now.  So make these muffins today!  Your family will be so happy you did!     

No comments:

Post a Comment