Recipe Index

Sunday, October 20, 2013

Pancakes Turned Biscuits


I found this recipe for cornmeal pancakes that looked both simple and delicious so I whipped it up.  Not sure if I made a mistake somewhere down the line, but the batter was super thick, not resembling pancake batter at all.  So I ended up making drop biscuits (see above and below).


Here is the recipe.  Let me know if you have any luck using it to make pancakes :)  

Cornmeal Pancakes
Source: X O Breakfast

1 c. cornmeal
1 c. water
2 TB butter
1 TB honey
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 c. milk
1 egg
1/2 c. flour
2 tsp. baking powder
1/3 C dried cranberries, optional

In a small pot, bring the water, butter, honey, and salt to a boil.  Remove from heat, whisk in cornmeal, and cover.  Let sit for 10 minutes.  Transfer to larger bowl.  Whisk in milk and egg.  Stir flour and baking powder together, then gently fold them into the batter.  Stir in dried cranberries, if using.  
*Lightly butter and heat pan (let it get nice and hot).  Use 1/3-1/2 c. of batter per pancake and cook 2-3 minutes per side, or until desired brownness.  Serve with maple syrup and fruit.

*This is where I used a small ice cream scoop to drop the dough onto a lightly greased pan.  Then I baked the biscuits in a 425 degree oven for 9-10 minutes.   

No comments:

Post a Comment