Recipe Index

Saturday, March 21, 2015

Weekend Pancakes


I know it seems like I'm always making pancakes.  That's because I am!  I am slightly obsessed with making homemade buttermilk pancakes!  From pumpkin, carrot cake, peanut butter chocolate chip to this new creation, gingerbread, trying out different pancake recipes has really done our family good!  My daughter likes Nutella slathered on hers, while my son prefers peanut butter.  No surprise there!  The kids can't wait to chow down and my husband and I have been enjoying a flap jack here and there.  They are so puffy and hearty, the perfect way to start the day, especially a lazy weekend morning.  I've been making a big batch at the beginning of the week and then the kids have them all week long.  I love making pancakes now whereas before I dreaded standing over the stove, waiting to see those tiny bubbles.  It might have something to do with my flipping skills improving because I've gotten a lot of practice lately.  There are so many great homemade pancake recipes out there.  Have fun and give them a try :)

FYI: This recipe makes 12 pancakes.  I used 3 T oil instead of butter.  

Here is the recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment