Recipe Index

Friday, March 6, 2015

Cake Fridays


Tea cakes are one of my favorite things to bake because they are quick, easy and taste great with a cup of tea or coffee (hence the name!).  Most of the tea cake recipes I use require 1/2 C butter.  So when I came across this recipe, I was thrilled.  It calls for 1/4 C butter and buttermilk...what could be better?! With the addition of almond extract and lemon zest to the batter, along with slivered almonds on top, this cake is light in texture and taste.  Perfect for lazy morning noshing or after dinner munching.  Don't forget to add a side of vanilla ice cream :)


I've found that this cake is best the day it's made so I would suggest refrigerating it the next day or freezing it in slices.  But trust me, it will not stick around for longer than a day or two.

FYI: I baked my cake for 10 minutes at 375 degrees and then 10 more minutes at 350 degrees, since the top started to get very dark.  But every oven is different so use your best judgement!    

Click here for the recipe.  

No comments:

Post a Comment