Recipe Index

Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Cherry Muffins


These muffins are an adaptation of a cherry bread recipe I found on Pinterest. I've been experimenting with bread flour, adding it to chocolate chip cookie and quick bread doughs so I used it in this recipe as well.  I added 1/2 C sugar to my muffin batter, instead of a full cup since maraschino cherries are sweet already.  I purchased a 16-ounce jar of maraschino cherries so I had to figure out how many cherries and how much cherry juice to add to the muffin batter. One cup of chopped cherries and a quarter cup of cherry juice seemed to do the trick.  I did not make the glaze.  My muffins baked for 18-20 minutes.

Overall, these pink muffins dotted with red maraschino cherries were deliciously sweet, moist, and chewy. The color reminds me of love so these would be perfect for your special someone on Valentine's Day or an anniversary.  Kids gravitate toward these bright, cheery muffins as well!

Here is the original recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment