Recipe Index

Friday, March 27, 2015

Cake Fridays


It was my mom's birthday so I made her one of her favorites: marble cake with fudge frosting.  I married my grandmother's recipe with this recipe.  I put one scoop of vanilla batter and one scoop of chocolate batter into each cavity of a mini bundt pan and swirled the batter.  I baked them at 350 degrees for 20-30 minutes, depending on your oven temperature.  It made about a dozen mini bundts.  

FYI: I substituted buttermilk for skim milk in the cake and frosting recipes.  I also made a white chocolate drizzle with 1/2 C white chocolate chips and 1 T buttermilk melted over a double boiler.  I sprinkled confetti sprinkles over each one.

The swirled cake had the perfect ratio of vanilla to chocolate flavor and the frosting coated each mini bundt with a layer of rich, melt in your mouth fudge candy.  I can't say enough good things about this cake.

Here is what it looks like without the frosting:


I encourage everyone to make this marble cake with fudge frosting for your next get together or to celebrate the fact that you made it through another week!  It is an easy, foolproof recipe that I will make for many if not all birthday parties from this day forward.  It is that good :)

No comments:

Post a Comment