Recipe Index

Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Who Needs Frosting?

Sometimes I'm lazy and don't want to dirty any more dishes so I skip the frosting.  I know, it's a crime!  The frosting is the best part!  But lately I've been opting for easy fixes.  For example, I'll  sprinkle milk or semisweet chocolate chips on immediately after baking, wait 5-10 minutes, and then spread chips around once melted.  It's like a quick ganache that when frozen creates that crispy shell everyone adores. 

Well, here is another easy fix: add a couple drops of food coloring and swirl into a white cake.  You have an eye catching dessert that not only looks beautiful but takes only a few minutes to create.  Now that's my kind of "frosting."   
White Cake - Add a couple drops of food coloring and swirl... in the tin so you dont have to dirty a bunch of bowls! Why didn't I think of that?!      

No comments:

Post a Comment