Recipe Index

Monday, March 17, 2014

Oatmeal Mondays

My husband and I watched a show last night about food trucks across the country.  We are big fans of the food truck revolution.  If you haven't been to a food truck rodeo, you should make it a priority.  I would describe it as a wide variety of food, served up by passionate people in an open air, relaxed atmosphere.  Great place to bring the kids! 

Last night's show featured a healthier version of a food truck and one of the dishes caught my eye.  Super simple, filly, pleasing to the eye and could easily have oats added to it.  Chop up some strawberries, a banana, throw in some pineapple chunks, mix in 1/2 C Greek yogurt and 1 T chia seeds.  That's it!  If you wanted to make this into a breakfast, I would add 1/2 C dry oats and enough water to cover.  Place it in the fridge overnight and enjoy the next morning.  Yum :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment