Recipe Index

Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Another Batch of Healthy Muffins

I guess I could have saved this recipe for next Monday but I am so excited about it!  I was very excited about yesterday's post too.  I love finding healthy muffin recipes.  The kids have so much fun eating them for breakfast or a snack.  My husband and I enjoy them too!

These muffins contain applesauce, buttermilk, cinnamon, whole wheat flour and oats like yesterday's muffins but the difference with these is the blueberries.  My kids love blueberries but when they are out of season and you can only find them frozen, they are super messy.  So these muffins are just perfect for us :)  Enjoy! 


Oatmeal Blueberry Applesauce Muffins

Source: Joy the Baker
  • 1 1/4 cups whole wheat flour
  • 1 1/4 cups oats
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp baking soda
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 1/2 tsp cinnamon
  • 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
  • 1/2 cup low-fat buttermilk
  • 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
  • 2 tbsp canola oil
  • 1 large egg, lightly beaten
  • 3/4 cup blueberries, frozen or fresh
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.  Line a 12 cup muffin tin with paper cases or spray with nonstick cooking spray.
In a large bowl combine flour, oats, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. In a medium bowl combine applesauce, buttermilk, sugar, oil and egg. Make a well in dry ingredients and add applesauce mixture. Stir until just moist. Fold in blueberries. Fill muffin cups 2/3 full.  Bake for 16-18 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment