Recipe Index

Saturday, July 11, 2015

Weekend Muffins


I will be featuring two out of this world muffin recipes this weekend.  The first is double ginger pumpkin muffins.  If you love ginger like I do, you'll adore these muffins.  Pumpkin, brown sugar, ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg, AND candied ginger really make these muffins pop.  They smell amazing and taste even better.  But what I really love about these muffins is that one batch equals 18 muffins!  So I had plenty to send to school with my son all week and my daughter and I snacked on one or two every day after lunch.  These are filling, hearty and don't require any slathering but if you must, I would recommend cookie butter, cream cheese, or plain butter.  Warmed up in the microwave is my favorite way to eat these muffins.  If you don't care for candied ginger, butterscotch chips would be the perfect substitution.    


I made some changes to the original recipe...

1. I added a little less than 1 C brown sugar
2. I combined 1/2 C oil with 1/2 C applesauce in place of a full cup of oil
3. I used 1/4 t ground ginger since I did not have fresh ginger on hand

FYI: My muffins baked for 17 minutes.  I did not sprinkle with coarse sugar.

Here is the recipe.  

No comments:

Post a Comment