Recipe Index

Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Peanut Butter Chip Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies

I am a huge fan of this blog.  Her pancakes and desserts are absolutely fabulous!

I am also a HUGE fan of peanut butter.  I adore the smell, love the texture and crave the taste.  When I saw this recipe, I knew I had to add it to my "to-bake" list.

These are by far the best cookies I've made at home.  They taste like bakery cookies with that chewy texture, loaded flavor and totally satisfying aroma. When I made these cookies, a peanut butter canopy hung in the kitchen and quickly permeated throughout the house.  It made me a very proud baker and mom, quickly covering up the smell of dirty laundry!

I made small ones (rounded tablespoon, baked for 12 minutes) and big ones (rounded 3 tablespoons, baked for 15 minutes).  Both sizes are amazing as far as flavor, just depends what kind of package you want to present them in. My true intention with the big ones is to make ice cream sandwiches with salted caramel ice cream or better yet, moose tracks!  You can't have too much peanut butter, right?!

FYI: I chilled my dough for a few hours to allow it to firm up.

Here is the recipe and some mouthwatering pictures :)


No comments:

Post a Comment