Recipe Index

Thursday, July 30, 2015

Another Breadwinner

I wish I got a picture of this chocolate-pear tea bread.  It has a delightful crumb, not to mention perfectly fluffy and soft with melted chocolate chips running throughout.  And don't get me started on the sweet pear chunks!  I had two pears that would not ripen so this was the perfect use for them.  They softened while baking but still kept their shape and texture.  Baking with pears has brought me to a new level of appreciation for the beautiful, feminine fruit.

If I had to choose, I would probably bake this chocolate-pear tea bread over the peanut butter apple banana bread I featured yesterday but only because I prefer its texture.  I do wonder if this batter could be baked in a cupcake tin and pass for cupcakes, not muffins.  Might be something to try...

FYI: My tea bread baked for 51 minutes.

Here is the recipe.      

No comments:

Post a Comment