Recipe Index

Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Toffee Squares


My daughter had art camp last week so I made toffee squares as a thank-you gift for her teachers.  Unaware of whether or not they could have nuts, I left out the peanuts in the crust.  I decorated half of the toffee squares with nuts and left half without.  I ended up giving her teachers the nut free squares just in case.  Both versions were delicous, decadent and oh so rich, with varying textures to keep everyone happy.  I dare you to eat just one!


Toffee Squares
adapted slightly from here    

2 C flour
1/4 t baking soda
1/4 t salt

Mix in bowl.  Set aside.

2/3 C soft butter
2 C brown sugar

Mix in stand mixer for 2 minutes.  Add 2 eggs, one at a time.  Add 2 t vanilla and mix.  Stir in 1 C chocolate chips by hand.  Spread dough evenly in a greased 9 inch pan.  Sprinkle with 1/2 C chocolate chips, 1/2 C butterscotch chips, 1/2 C coconut flakes, and 12-15 whole pecans on one side.  Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes uncovered, 5 minutes covered with foil.  Cool completely and then cut into squares.  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment