Recipe Index

Wednesday, July 1, 2015

My Chocolate Cookies

If you like a crispy cookie on the outside with a chewy center on the inside, you are going to adore these gems.  This is an original recipe I developed one afternoon because I was craving chocolate cookies.  I used chocolate instant pudding to steer clear of any bitterness that adding cocoa powder might impart on these cookies.  I wanted these to be sweet in a milk chocolate kind of way.  The mix-ins I chose were determined by what I had in my pantry! Two mini Twix, two mini Kit Kats, and a few handfuls of chocolate coins to equal two thirds of a cup.  The caramel from the Twix oozed out of the cookies, the Kit Kats added a crispiness to every bite and the chocolate coins melted into each cookie during baking.  Any mix-ins will work as long as it equals at least 2/3 C.  If you want these to be really chocolatey, you could add 1 C semi sweet chocolate chips or 1 C dark chocolate chunks.  Yum!



Chocolate Pudding Cookies

1 stick soft butter
2/3 C sugar

Cream in mixer, 2 minutes.

Add:

1 t vanilla extract
1 egg

Mix well.

Add:

1 C flour
1/2 C instant chocolate pudding
1/2 t baking soda
1 t baking powder
1/4 t salt

Mix well.  Stir in 2/3 C mix-ins of choice.  Using a small ice cream scoop, place mounds of dough onto greased cookie sheets.  Bake in a 350 degree oven for 12 minutes.  Let cookies cool on baking sheets 5-10 minutes then place on wire racks to cool completely.


No comments:

Post a Comment