Recipe Index

Sunday, November 2, 2014

Doilie cupcake liners and swirled frosting

Decorating is not my thing but when I saw these 2 straightforward, uncomplicated tricks to dress up your cupcakes, I confidently dove right in.

The first concept is doilie cupcake liners.  I love lace for its feminine flair.  It's old fashioned, classic, and one of those things almost everyone has in their house already.

Whether your cupcakes are chocolate or vanilla, this dainty paper would look darling wrapped around them. Try colored doilies for a pop of color, like red and green doilies for Christmas, earth tones for Thanksgiving, or pastel colors for Easter.  The possibilities are endless.    

The second concept utilizes a pastry bag or squeeze bottle with tip attachment.  I always wanted to swirl my frosting, especially vanilla and chocolate because it reminds me of one of my favorite childhood memories: eating swirled custard in a sugar cone.  The thought of it makes my mouth water!

To create this effect, you simply place vanilla frosting on one side of your pastry bag or squeeze bottle and chocolate frosting on the other side so they are parallel.  Then you apply pressure and viola!  Swirled frosting adorns the most coveted of treats, cupcakes!  This looks especially cute on mini cupcakes.  

So there you have it.  Two manageable, uninvolved methods you can use to make your dessert even more special. These tricks are a piece of cake or cupcake if you will :)

No comments:

Post a Comment