Recipe Index

Sunday, November 30, 2014

Edible Acorns

My kids were baffled by the idea of an edible acorn! 


We've been collecting acorns for the past 2 months so when I saw this idea on Pinterest, I knew we had to make it.  This craft is so easy my three year old daughter was able to make it all by herself.  This is what you'll need:

Hershey kisses, unwrapped (I used dark chocolate)
butterscotch chips
mini vanilla wafer cookies
frosting (I had some leftover in the fridge)

Simply attach the mini vanilla wafer cookie to the rounded part of the Hershey kiss with frosting.  Then center and attach the butterscotch chip to the vanilla wafer cookie with more frosting.  That's it!

These are so cute and perfect for the holiday season.  I put mine on a Christmas plate and kept them covered in the fridge.   

No comments:

Post a Comment