Recipe Index

Thursday, November 20, 2014

Marvelous Muffins

Wow!  These are some tasty muffins!  I didn't know what to expect since they contain no oil or butter.  I thought they would turn out dry and flavorless.  Boy was I wrong!  They are moist, hearty, sweet, and spicy.  The buttermilk and eggs give them richness and lift, while the applesauce adds a healthy creaminess. The addition of cinnamon, nutmeg and vanilla gives them sweetness and enough spice to have you going back for more.  These are seriously hard to stop eating!  Not to mention they are well-rounded and nutty from the oats and whole wheat flour (which by the way, I left out the nuts and they were still incredibly earthy).  You have got to make these and share them with your family for a most delightful breakfast, snack, or after dinner treat.  Slathered with butter, dipped in Greek yogurt, or right off the cooling rack, these muffins are surprisingly delicious!     
FYI: My muffins baked for 12 minutes and I got a little more than a dozen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment