Recipe Index

Friday, November 21, 2014

Cake Fridays

Buttery, crispy bottom
Smooth pumpkin, sour cream filling
Crunchy, spicy crumb topping

These taste like a coffee cake but in bar form.  They are another version of the sour cream crumb bars I posted earlier this week.  I hate to say it, but I think I like these more!  The pumpkin in the filling holds together better than the sour cream alone.  And the spices...don't even get me started!  I love pumpkin pie spice so I actually substituted 1 1/4 t pumpkin pie spice for the teaspoon of cinnamon and the quarter teaspoon of cloves.  These are salty, sweet, spicy, and bursting with fall flavors.  I just love biting into the crispy outer shell and having that soft filling spill out on all sides.

These would be absolutely perfect for your Thanksgiving dessert table.  Serve with whipped cream, vanilla ice cream, or caramel sauce and watch people swoon.  Seriously, make these for Thanksgiving or better yet, make them now!

View the recipe here

No comments:

Post a Comment